This website has been condensed and is no longer being updated as of November 28, 2016. Some resources previously available on this website may no longer be available. Content may link to web pages that have moved or no longer exist, or may refer to other documents that are no longer available. An upcoming 2017 website for the new National Center of Law and Elder Rights (NCLER) will provide an enhanced experience in access to national legal resource support in the priority legal issue areas currently featured on this site. The new NCLER Website will include access to:
- Legal Basics Training and Advanced Training program
- Technical Assistance in legal service delivery systems
- Web requests for Case Consultations
- Alerts, news and resources to help you stay informed
NCLER experts are available now for case consultations in substantive legal issues and technical assistance on the enhancement of legal service delivery systems. Please Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A technical assistance request may go to one of two participating programs: The Center for Elder Rights Advocacy and The Center for Social
Gerontology. This page provides information about these two organizations and the types of technical assistance requests each handle.
The Center for Elder Rights Advocacy (CERA), a partner in the National Legal Resource Center, provides technical assistance to the
professionals operating senior legal helplines. Contact CERA if you have questions about, need assistance with, or need materials about
any of the following areas of operating a senior legal helpline:
- helpline service delivery,
- data collection and reporting for helplines,
- case management systems,
- helpline outreach efforts,
- targeting populations,
- referral panel building,
- fund development for helplines,
- integration of helplines with other legal service providers, or even
- starting a legal helpline.
Visit CERA online at http://www.ceraresource.org.
Please contact Keith Morris at (866) 949-2372 or at email@example.com to see how CERA can
aid your organization. You can request CERA's assistance online using NLRC's Technical Assistance Request Tool.
The Center for Social Gerontology (TCSG), also a partner in the National Legal Resource Center, provides assistance to the broad aging
and legal services networks to aid them in achieving high-quality, high-impact, and cost-effective legal service delivery systems that target
older persons most in need. Technical assistance is available on a wide variety of legal service delivery issues, including:
- planning, operating and evaluating legal services for older persons,
- development of legal service delivery standards,
- strategies for reaching target groups,
- strategies for developing priority issue areas for use of limited resources,
- assessing the legal needs of older persons,
- assessing the capacity of existing state delivery systems and developing strategies for improvement;
- developing statewide reporting systems that capture outcome data,
- innovative funding strategies,
- integration of vital service delivery components of legal and aging services networks, and
- role of state legal services developers.
For more information about TCSG, visit
Please contact Penny Hommel or Brooke McCreary Fajardo at (734) 665-1126 or
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
to see how TCSG can help your organization. You can request TCSG's assistance online using NLRC's Technical Assistance Request Tool.